a fun twist on the normal friendship bracelet we all know and love.
ok, so i love bracelets in the summer! and these are especially fun and colorful. you can customize them, and change up the color combos... how fun! and best of all, they're SO easy. <3
so here goes nothin'.
- 5+ different colors of embroidery floss
- tape or binder clip (something to hold it in place while you work on it)
Step 1: choose your colors!
- get creative! think outside the box.
- suggestions: rainbow!, sailor (red, navy, teal, coral, and white), pastel, peacock feather... the possibilities are endless!
- hint: it's usually best to have a dark color to make the bright ones pop.
Step 2: lay it out.
- arrange the floss in the order you want the colors to be. lay them in a mirror image.
- tie a knot at the top. (the color order may get a little messy when you tie the knot, so adjust them quickly)
- tape it to a hard surface (your leg works if you can't find a table or something)
Step 3: fishtail
- take the outside color of the left side and cross to the inside of the right side.
- do the same for the right side.
- repeat this until it's the length you want.
- it will be a tad bit hard at the beginning and may look a little messy, but it'll clean up. trust me. :)
|outside to inside|
|once you get going....|
|this is a close up of the texture|
Step 4: finishing touches
- tie a knot to finish it off.
- tie the 2 ends together around your wrist.
- optional: you can braid the ends before you tie it onto your wrist.
- WEAR IT WITH PRIDE. :)
|there's my rainbow one! <3|
i apologize for the bad photo quality -- everywhere i went there was poor lighting.
thanks for stopping by, and i hope you enjoyed!